Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Neighbors Are A Blessing

Neighbors are truly a blessing. One of the definitions of "Neighbor" is: 4. A person who shows kindliness or helpfulness toward his or her fellow humans: to be a neighbor to someone in distress. I experienced this kind of "Neighbor" this week when I went home with a huge headache and feeling very nauseous. My next door neighbor was stopping by to pick up a package that was delivered to our home that I said that I would be happy to receive since she would not be at her home to receive it. She was so happy to have someone do that for her. Unfortunately, prior to her arrival I ended up in the restroom vomiting. So I decided to just put her package outside on the porch with a note telling her what I was up to. It wasn't even 10 minutes later when I received phone call asking how I was doing. It surprised me really. She was willing to bring over any needed supplies for a "sicky" that I might need.....soup, soda, crackers etc. I have to tell you that it was so comforting to know that someone cared so much to even offer to do that for me.

God wants us to be in fellowship with others. He wants us to CARE for one another and to receive CARE from one another. God knew that we would need one another.

Do you have a CARING NEIGHBOR story to tell? Then click on the little "comments" below and tell me your story.

Pastor Naomi
www.wacathedral.org

No comments: