Friday, February 23, 2007

The Holy Spirit Will Guide Us In Difficult Times

This week was such a blessing for me as I watched C.A.R.E.S. Ministries work beyond our own church building and our surrounding community. We have members of Washington Cathedral that travel south for the winter each year and return in the spring. They're called "Snowbirds". This year one of our "Snowbirds" headed south only to find himself in the hospital in need of surgery. It saddened me that I couldn't just get into my truck and head the hospital to be with this precious person to offer prayer for this surgery. Instead I had to stop and have the Holy Spirit help me in solving my problem of helping a dear friend in need. The solution came quickly as I prayed. We have other "Snowbirds" who travel south. Make some calls and see if someone will be an extension of our church hands to that hospital. Sure enough, a dear member of our church, Linda Apted, agreed to help. Her visit was such an encouragement to our friend in the hospital. And, in turn, she too was blessed!
Have you ever had a moment like this.....where you wanted to help but couldn't and yet....with prayer.....allowed the Holy Spirit to show you a way to meet a need? If so, let me know by clicking on the little "comment" below.
Blessings to you,
Pastor Naomi
www.wacathedral.org

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a wonderful story Pastor Naomi. Thank you for sharing. The story I'm thinking of wasn't because of difficult times, but was because the Holy Spirit lead the way. I prayed for a long time for a Christian woman to come into my son's life. Almost 2 years ago she did. Now they are engaged to be married next year. When I told her the story and that she was an answer to prayer, she cried. She's a wonderful young woman and they are very good together.